Here are some of the things I found so far:
- Ease of use:
- Very simple and fast to get up and running - I was able to get multiple databases migrated from SQLServer to MySQL without any special setup or configuration changes. Gui is straight forward and intuitive.
- Took a little work to figure out how to 'customize' the migration though, but nothing crazy.
- Seems relatively fast. I was able to transfer about 6 million rows in about 15 minutes.
- Would probably be more efficient if I wasn't using an intermediary stopping point (my laptop)
- Would benefit if I used bulk loading options, but I wasn't able to determine that right out of the box quickly.
- Needs a 'Migrate Data Only' option for just moving data
- Better options to handle case sensitivity issues (had to modify each table/object manually for that)
- The handling for stored connections was not that great, and I had to keep re-creating the stored connections.
- Should have an option to just do a bulk load from a datafile if necessary